Handmade in Seattle
We are a Seattle based business and have been under siege of the COVID-19 virus for several weeks now. Medical supplies both personal and professional are running low and we thought that we would make facemasks to help alleviate the lack of supply. We don’t want to give the perception that we are trying to capitalize on the epidemic however we are a business that makes garments and this presents an opportunity for us help the medical community while also bringing in revenue essential to keeping our small business operational.
This mask is reusable and can be laundered.
There’s a great article on Huffington Post about how to handle your laundry during the COVID-19 outbreak here. It’s important to note that we make no claim that these are certified as a respirator N95. Here is the the most comprehensive article I’ve been able to to find on masks made from alternative materials. I choose tee shirt and woven fabric because they came at the highest recommendation overall.
We designed these with a pocket to place an additional form of air filtration medium.
Available to everyone.
For non medical or out of state individuals we’re asking $15.00 each. This will help fund our efforts and offset the costs to keep them affordable to Washington State medical personnel. If you want to support this project and are not a medical professional purchasing one at $15 is a great way to do that. The materials and logistics are all that much more expensive and difficult to coordinate given the statewide lockdown.
Thanks you for your interest in this project!
Face Mask Store
Support a small business and look cool while staying safe!
- Masks for sale are made of all new material.
- The face masks have 4 sizes Youth through Large. See sizing chart below.
- The mask will include a wire assembly that bridges the nose to seal against the face.
- The patterns on the mask are random based on material available but this is The Foundry so we’ll make sure they are cool.
- There is a pocket between the liner and outed to place an additional form of filtration fabric.
- Masks include a sliding toggle and elastic cord.
- Safe to microwave. Just remove the plastic toggle because it has a metal spring in it.
- All sales are final unless the product is defective in its construction.
- Currently we are running at a 7 day turnaround time.
- We’ll update customers if lead times changes and will refund any orders that exceed 4 week turns at the customer’s request.
Submit your review
These are great, I had a lot of people ask me questions about them throughout the day. I really appreciate the craftiness of The Foundry.
These made an awesome gift for volunteers who participated in a food drive. Thanks everyone who showed up and thank you Foundry for making these happen.
I've been using a similar mask I got from Forrest to do tile work, it's awesome. I was hyped to see them for sale and to be able to support a great cause.